April / May 2017 Issue
- What’s Happening in Ophthalmology? By Michael Jacobson, M.D.
- Age-related Macular Degeneration: The Basics and Beyond. By Hyung Cho, M.D.
- Diabetic Retinopathy Update. By Paul Walia, M.D.
- Glaucoma: Increasingly Common as the Population Ages but Treatment Has Never Been Better! By Elma Chang, M.D. and Reay Brown, M.D.
- Innovations in Refractive Surgery: LASIK, PRK, and Beyond. By Samir Vira, M.D.
- Immunotherapy Research Leads to Better Outcomes for Leukemia and BMT Patients.
- Spotlight: Urology
February / March 2017 Issue
- Challenges in the Diagnosis of Non-Obstetric Abdominal Pain in Pregnancy by Kathleen G. Funk, M.D.
- Non-Obstetric Laparoscopic Surgery during Pregnancy by Nisha A. Lakhi, M.D.
- Sepsis in Pregnancy: A Guide for Clinicians by Carla E. Ransom, M.D.
- Noninvasive Prenatal Screening Cell-free fetal DNA Screening fetal Aneuploidy by Kevin Gomez, M.D.
- Current Management of Twin Gestation by Tossy Fogle, M.D.
- Fetal Therapy and Intervention Update by Thomas N. Trevett, M.D., Larry Matsumoto, M.D., Michael Belfort, M.B.B.C.H., M.D., Ph.D.
- Post-dural Puncture Headache in Obstetric Anesthesia by Zachary Lazarus, M.D., Jessica Quinlan, M.D.
- Preeclampsia and Future Risk of Heart Disease by Lee Brian Padove, M.D.
- Spotlight: Thyroid Disease
December 2016/January 2017 Issue
- Anesthesia: A Question of Balance Medicine by Christopher W. Hackney, M.D.
- Prescribing Opioids: A Question of Balance by P. Tennent Slack, M.D.
- Perioperative Multimodal Analgesia: Strategies in Reducing Opioid Requirement by Trusharth Patel, M.D.
- The Use of Dexmedetominidine in Pediatric Anesthesia by Lydia Josephs, M.D.
- Ketamine: An Old Drug for a New Problem by Steven M. Walsh, M.D.
- Regional Anesthesia: A Focus on Peripheral Nerve Blocks by Christopher W. Hackney, M.D.
- Spotlight: Future of Healthcare
- An Interface of Population Health and Population Medicine by J. Patrick O’Neal, M.D., Director of Health Protection for the Georgia Department of Public Health
- Zika Virus: A Practical Primer for Physicians by Amanda Feldpausch, MPH; Julie Gabel, DVM, MPH; and Cherie L. Drenzek, DVM, MS
- HIV as a Chronic Disease and Hepatitis C Eradication in Coinfected Individuals by Gregory Csukas, M.D., AAHIVS
- HPV Vaccination: Cancer Protection in a Syringe by Sandra Adamson Fryhofer, M.D. MACP, FRCP
- Regenerative Medicine by Helen K. Kelley
August / September 2016
- Workers’ Compensation: Helping Your Patients Helps Our State by Randy F Rizor, M.D.
- Key Issues Before the State Board of Workers’ Compensation by Judge Frank R. Mckay and Judge Elizabeth D. Gobeil
- Think Before You Write by Keith C. Raziano, M.D. and Randy F. Rizor, M.D.
- Drug Free Workplaces? by Robert Howell, MD
- Is a Workers’ Compensation Practice Right for You? by Snehal Dalal, M.D.
- Spotlight: Interventional Radiology
June / July 2016
- The Wide-Ranging Influence of Endoscopy by Ceana Nezhat, M.D.
- IDEAL Minimally Invasive Surgery by Nishi Lakhi, M.D. and Ceana Nezhat, M.D.
- The Origins of Minimally Invasive Surgery by Benedict Benigno, M.D.
- Robotic Colon and Rectal Surgery by Jeffrey S. Cohen, M.D.
- Minimal Access and Minimally Invasive Surgery in Urology by Nikhil Shah, D.O. and Rajesh Laungani, M.D.
- Minimally Invasive Robotic Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery by Kevin Tri Nguyen, M.D.
- The Changing World of Hysteroscopy by Carla Roberts, M.D.
- Spotlight: Psychiatry
April / May 2016
- 12 Tips for Hypertension in the Athlete By John Davis Cadwell, M.D., MACP, FACC
- Adolescent Hypertension By Rachel Harris, M.D., MPH
- White Coat Hypertension By Angus C. Howard, M.D.
- Hypertension & Sexual Dysfunction By Brittany Thomas, M.D.
- A Hypertension 2016 Update By Janice P. Lea, M.D., MSc, FASN
- Teaming Up to Treat Hypertension By Jennifer Zreloff, M.D., and Jason Higdon, M.D.
- Residency By Helen K. Kelley
February / March 2016
- Trauma Service at Atlanta Medical Center By Paul King, MD
- Trauma Resuscitation: Principles and Practice By Mark Walker, MD
- The Role of Plastic Surgery in Trauma By Kanye Willis, MD
- Orthopedic Traumatology By By Steven Kane, MD
- Neuro Trauma and Emergency Neurosurgical Care By Paul King, MD
- Past, Present and Future: Trauma Services at Atlanta Medical Center By Vernon J. Henderson, MD, F.A.C.S.
- The History of Surgical Training at Atlanta Medical Center By Philip T. Ramsay, MD
- Allergies By Helen K. Kelley
December 2015 / January 2016
- Pediatrics By Catherine Dragstedt, MD
- Canary in the Coal Mind By LeRoy M. Graham Jr., MD
- The 3 Basic Rules of Breastfeeding By Tarayn Fairlie, MD, MPH, IBCLC
- Global Health in Our Own Backyard By Susan S. Reines, MD & Tarissa Mitchell, MD
- Peanut Allergy Prevention By Kathleen A. Sheerin, MD
- Understanding Autism By Mark Moncino, MD
- Patient Safety By Ann L. Contrucci, MD, Mary Gregg, M.D., FACS, MHA, Laura Martinez, BSN, RN, MS, CPHRM, FASHRM
- Physician Employment By Helen K. Kelley
- Unraveling the Mystery: Medical Genetics By Michael J. Gambello, MD, PhD
- When Does My Patient Need a Medical Geneticist? By Rossana Sanchez, MD
- Genetics in Pediatrics By Suma Shankar, MD, PhD
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism at a Glance By Hong Li, MD, PhD
- Single Gene Disorders with Presentation in Adulthood By Jaime Vengoechea, MD
- Treatment of Genetic Diseases: The Future is Here By William R. Wilcox, MD, PhD
- Where Cardiology and Vascular Care Go Hand in Hand By Helen K. Kelley
- Bariatrics By Helen K. Kelley
- Cardiovascular Disease in Women By Gina Price Lundberg, MD,FACC
- Gender and Ethnic Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease By Carolina Gongora, MD
- Noninvasive Testing in Women with Suspected Ischemic Heart Disease By Nanette K. Wenger, MD,MACC,MACP,FAHA
- Peripartum Cardiomyopathy By David W. Markham, MD
- Sports Cariology & Women’s Heart Health By Jonathan Kim, MD
- Neuroscience By Helen K. Kelley
- New Pain Management Laws and Rules in Georgia By David W. Gale, MD
- Ketamine Infusion Therapy New Use for an Old Drug By Kenneth H. Joel, MD
- Vitamin D Deficiency: A possible contributor to chronic nonspecific low back pain By Ammar Y. Divan, MD
- Spinal Pain: Mechanisms and Therapeutic Considerations By Alan M. Harben, MD, PhD
- The Painful Shoulder: The use of office ultrasound in the evaluation of musculoskelatal pain By William R. Almon, MD, FACFP
- Leukemia Program Finds Success with Patient-Cenetered Care By Helen K. Kelley
- Cosmetic Surgery By Helen K. Kelley
- Infectious Disease: Old and New American Public Health Problems By Lance Stein, MD
- Travel-associated Viral Illnesses: The Routine, the Emerging and the Deadly By Jessica K. Fairley, MD and Henry M. Wu, MD
- Prevention of Nosocomial Spread of Viral Diseases By Jesse Couk, MD
- HIV Epidemiology By Shalini Patel, MD
- STRaight talk about Single Tablet Regimens for HIV Treatment By Ronald Trible, MD, PhD
- Sunshine Act By Helen Kelley
- 3 Ways for You to Get Noticed as an Expert Physician By Faria Khan, M.D
- Refocusing on the Patient By Daniel Dubovsky, MD
- Hitting the Sweet Spot By Jonathan H. Lee, MD
- Ovarian Cancer in the Future Perfect Tense – Notes from an Insider By Benedict B. Benigno, MD
- Molecular Genomics and the Advancement of Lung Cancer Therapy By Howard Silverboard, MD
- New Targeted Treatments for Hematological Malignancies By Ken Holland, MD
- Committed to Progressive Cancer Care By Helen K. Kelley
- Pulmonology By Helen K. Kelley
December 2014 / January 2015
- Advances in Orthopaedic Trauma By Douglas W. Lundy, MD, MBA, FACS
- Arthritis at the Base of the Thumb By Edward H. Holliger IV, MD
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries By Ryan Chen, MD
- The State of Low Back Pain By Bennett Grimm, MD
- Athletic Injuries of the Foot and Ankle By Sourendra Raut, MD
- Pearls for Various Skin Manifestations By Asha R. Patel, MD
- Update on Drug Eruptions: The Severe Cutaneous Adverse Reactions (SCARs) By John Strickler, MD, MBA
- To “D” Or Not To “D” Should you recommend Vitamin D to your patients? By Kena H. Anders, MD
- Diagnosing and Treating Nail Fungus By Helen Selser, MD
- Sleep Medicine: Getting a good night’s sleep can be difficult for almost half of the U.S. population By Helen K. Kelley
- Diabetes is Advancing: Are You Keeping Pace? By N. Spencer Welch, MD
- Care Critical: Diabetes Self-Management Education By Mary Ransbotham
- Glucose Management in the Hospital By Bruce W. Bode, MD, FACE
- Creating a Customized Diabetes Treatment Plan By Jonathan G. Ownby, MD
- SGLT2 Inhibitors By N. Spencer Welch, MD
- Immunology in Rheumatology: It Starts from Outside Our Body to Within By John A. Goldman, MD
- The History of Our Immune Response From B Cells to T Cells and Everything in Between By Gary E. Myerson, MD
- Microbiome – You are Never Alone: Microbial Ecosystems in Our Bodies Influence Everything from Immunity to Behavior By John A. Goldman, MD
- IgG4-Related Disease: An Emerging Condition By Arezou Khosroshahi, MD
- Lupus: The Specter of the Wolf By Glenn R. Parris, MD
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery in Urology By Rajesh Laungani, MD & Nikhil L. Shah, DO, MPH
- Kidney Stone Management and Prevention in 2014 By Raymond W. Pak, MD, PharmD, MBA
- Male Sexual Health By Chad Hansen, MBA & Nikhil L. Shah, DO, MPH
- Low Testosterone in Men: Diagnosis, Treatment and Monitoring By Cara Cimmino, MD
- Updates in Urinary Incontinence By Alienor Gilchrist, MD
- A Wish for Advance Care Planning & End-of-Life Care By Richard W. Cohen, MD
- The History of Afterlife By Boyd Eaton, MD
- Pediatric Hospice By Laura Waddle, MD
- Personal Stories to Personal Video: Video Backup for Advance Directive By Dirk E. Huttenbach, MD, DLFAPA
- Death is Certainty: What Will You Leave Behind? By Dick Yarbrough