As part of the healthcare industry’s ongoing focus on enhancing health and wellness through innovation and collaboration, the Wellstar Foundation hosted the second Innovation Series event, â€œDesigning the Future of Healthcare: Digital Health Technologies.â€
More than 100 participants attended the virtual roundtable event, which included a panel discussion and breakout sessions focused on leading technologies that have the potential to transform healthcare. Julie Teer, senior vice president, Wellstar Health System, and president, Wellstar Foundation moderated the panel. Panelists included:
- Dr. Clifford Goldsmith, chief medical officer and national director, U.S. Providers, Microsoft Health and Life Sciences
- Jeff Arnold, founder, chairman and chief executive officer, Sharecare
- Dr. Hank Capps, executive vice president and chief information & digital officer, Wellstar Health System
â€œThere has never been a time in healthcare when getting the technology strategy right was more imperative than now,â€ said Dr. Goldsmith. â€œThere is a massive transformation underway in healthcare to significantly increase clinician productivity and enable teamwork across the care continuum, which will be a huge boost to patient satisfaction. Thank you to Wellstar for hosting this important conversation to fuel innovation.â€
Digital health integrates innovation and advanced technology into patient care, improving quality of care and expanding access. In addition to the panel, three breakout sessions facilitated conversation about leading-edge, advanced technologies, including:
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence to help provide augmented support for healthcare professionals across a wide range of specialties and operations.
- Advanced sensors to enhance diagnostics that simplify the patient experience and foster patient-provider communication and collaboration.
- Merged Reality (Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality) to enhance business insight, training, and patient partnership.
Physician leaders from Wellstar Medical Group provided insights in the breakout discussions on the potential applications and impacts of these technologies on the future of healthcare. Physician experts included:
- Dr. Rishi Gupta, vascular neurologist
- Dr. Arthur Reitman, interventional cardiologist
- Dr. Barry Mangel, interventional cardiologist
â€œThe future of healthcare is not a 2025 vision â€“ it is a 2021 reality,â€ said Sharecareâ€™s Arnold. â€œGeorgia continues to strengthen its position as a global center for public health, information technology, and digital media; and Wellstar is at the center with their focus on partnerships and healthcare innovation. Discussions such as the Wellstar Innovation Series help create momentum around viable solutions that will address gaps in care and a make a meaningful difference in the health and well-being of communities throughout the Peach State and beyond.â€
To further fuel healthcare transformation, Wellstar also announced a partnership with Engage, a collaborative innovation and corporate venture platform.